Choose the gel color for your nails. There is nothing happier than completing a perfect nails design, Then comes the not-so-satisfying parts like the nail breaking, the sometimes painful removal process, and the thin, brittle nails I’m left to nurse back to health for weeks on end. So what to do when you want the look of long acrylic nails without the risk or damage? Best Answer: gel nail extensions.
What are gel extensions?
What separates gel and acrylics nails is the material that each is made of. Gel nails are a healthier alternative to acrylic nails; they are quicker to apply and even quicker to remove—damage-free.Until you DIY nails art then, here’s a guide of everything you need to know about gel extensions.
Are gel extensions better than regular acrylic?
What makes gel extensions superior in this situation is that it’s not only made of gel for long-wear and durability, but it doesn’t require any harsh chemicals. There are plenty of benefits, including no damage to your natural nails, the tips are lightweight, there are no fumes, strong odors,You don’t have to worry about gel extensions preventing you from doing your everyday task without being worried your nail will pop off or lift.
How long do gel nail extensions last?
When done professionally, gel extensions can last up to three to four weeks.
How to Apply the Extension Gel?
- File the nail surface lightly.
- Wipe the nail surface with alcohol.
- Apply a very thin layer of base gel, and cure it under UV/LED lamp.
- Place the nail form on the front edge of the nail, and stick it on both sides.
- Apply the extension gel to the proper length at the joint of the nail form, and cure it for the 60s.
- Fix with a shaping clip for 5-10s, and cure it for the 30s.
- Apply a second layer of extension gel and cure it for the 30s.
- Take off nail form, and sand the shapes of nails.
- Wipe the dust.
- Apply top coat and cure it for the 60s.
How to Remove the Extension Gel?
- Polishing the nail surface with a nail file to remove the top coat.
- Wrap each nail in a cotton pad soaked with acetone for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take off the cotton pad and use the cuticle pusher to remove the gel.